MSc, Mechanical Engineer (and Phd student)
PhD Thesis: “Combustion modelling using CFD methodology and application in hydrogen safety technology”
- Sept. 11: Degree in Mathimatics - National and Kapodestrian University of Athens.
- Febr. 08: Master in Computational Mechanics - National Technical University of Athens.
- Oct. 06: Diploma in Mechanical Engineering - National Technical University of Athen.
- Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD)
- Dispersion modelling
- Combustion modelling (Deflagration - Fires)
- Hydrogen Safety
- I.C. Tolias, Venetsanos, A.G. and Markatos, N., Evaluation of the ADREA-HF CFD Code Against a Hydrogen Deflagration in a Tunnel, 5th International Conference on Hydrogen Safety, Brussels, Belgium, Sept. 09-11/2013.
- Koutsourakis N., Tolias I.C., Venetsanos A.G., Bartzis J.G., Evaluation of an LES code against a hydrogen dispersion experiment, CFD Letters, 4(4), pp 225-236, 2012.
- A.G. Venetsanos, I. Tolias, D. Baraldi, S. Benz, B. Cariteau, J. Garcia, O.R. Hansen, C. Jäkel, S. Ledin, P. Middha, E.A. Papanikolaou, “Ia-Hysafe Standard Benchmark Exercise Sbep-V21: Hydrogen Release And Accumulation Within A Non-Ventilated Ambient Pressure Garage At Low Release Rates”, 4th International Conference on Hydrogen Safety, San Francisco, USA, Sept. 12-14/2011.
- I. C. Tolias, N. I. Papadimitriou, A. G. Venetsanos, “Benefits from the parallel computational mechanics programs in modern low-cost shared memory architectures”, 7th GRACM International Congress on Computational Mechanics, Athens, 30 June – 2 July 2011.
- N. Koutsourakis, A. G. Venetsanos, J. G. Bartzis, I. C. Tolias, N. C. Markatos, “Pollutant Dispersion Study In Asymmetric Street Canyons Using Large Eddy Simulation”, 7th GRACM International Congress on Computational Mechanics, Athens, 30 June – 2 July 2011.
- I.C. Tolias, A.G. Venetsanos, S.G. Giannisi, “Parallelization of the Computational Fluid Dynamic code ADREA-HF and Application in Hydrogen Dispersion”, 8th National Scientific Conference in Chemical Engineering, 26-28 May 2011, Thessaloniki, Greece.
- Nektarios Koutsourakis, Alexander G. Venetsanos, John G. Bartzis and Ilias C. Tolias, “Presentation of new LES Capability of ADREA-HF CFD Code”, Proceedings of the 13th International Conference on Harmonisation within Atmospheric Dispersion Modelling for Regulatory Purposes, 1-4 June 2010, Paris, France, p 662-666.
- I. Tolias, I. Tzinias, K.X Giannakoglou, Th. Lekkas, B. Asouti, Th. Zervogiannis, P.I.K. Liakopoulos: “Preliminary design, Parameterization and Analysis of a Lightweight Unmanned Aircraft Using Computational Fluid Dynamics”, Technical chronicles, Technical Chamber of Greece, March-April 2007.
tel: +30 210 6503407